Community Services of Moses Lake (CSML) is a nonprofit agency. Our primary functions are the operation of the Moses Lake, Washington Food Bank, and distribution of food to 36 food pantries located in the six central Washington counties of Adams, Benton, Grant, Lincoln, Yakima and Whitman. Collectively, these 43 food pantries provide supplemental food to approximately 35,000 low-income families each month. CSML has been in continual operation for 67 years since its non-profit formation on December 5, 1956.
Distribution Center Update!
After many years of planning and hoping, the new Regional Distribution Center and Food Bank is a reality! The Moses Lake, Washington Food Bank, distributes food to 43 food pantries located in the six central Washington counties of Adams, Benton, Grant, Lincoln, Yakima and Whitman. Collectively, these 43 food banks provide supplemental food to approximately 35,000 low-income families each month. The project will improve distribution of nutritional emergency and supplemental food to low-income families and homeless persons located in central Washington, improving the health and welfare of our at-risk populations. We are so thankful to Senator Judy Warnick for securing Capital Grants for us to finally complete this worthy project. These Grants along with Grants from The *MJ Murdock Charitable Trust, the Sunderland Foundation and many local grants and donations are making our project become reality.
Together we can make a difference
New Distribution Center
C. A. (Marc) Marchand was involved in City of Moses Lake projects for many years. He was an army veteran until the end of WW2. He relocated from North Dakota to this area to work on the building of Grand Coulee Dam then started Marchand Construction in 1964 in Moses Lake. Many of the local roads, sidewalks, sewers and infrastructure projects in Grant and several other counties in the state were constructed by Marchand Construction, recognizable by the two-toned green vehicles. His legacy is represented by the two-toned green buildings of our current distribution center situated on the land that was donated by the Marchand Charitable Trust.